I have found a new love in my life in the name of the chocolate melt cake, these delicious hot chocolate cakes are mouth-watering.
The best part is I am hopeless in the kitchen, the smoke alarm cheers me on as I bake and cook but I am trying to gain a little more confidence and yes if you read the many amazing food blogs out there my images and finishing touches are nothing in comparison, but I hope this will encourage you to try too.
How to make a chocolate melt cake
- 100g chopped dark chocolate
- 100g butter
- 150g light soft brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g plain flour
Preparation And Method:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas mark 6
- Butter 4 ovenproof dessert dishes or ramekins well and place on baking tray and leave to cool for 15 minutes
- Mix in the sugar and add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and finally the flour.
- Divide the mixture among the dessert dishes or ramekins
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are firm to touch but the middles still feel squidgy
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of each pudding, then turn out onto serving plates
- Serve with single cream, ice cream or fresh fruit of your choice